© LuAnne Cadd
Institut Congolais pour la Conservation de la Nature (ICCN), the Congolese wildlife authority, has an agreement with Direction Générale de Migration (DGM), the Congolese immigration service, to facilitate obtaining 2-week, single entry tourist visas for people visiting Virunga National Park. The cost of the visa is USD $105, plus minimal bank transaction costs.
To qualify for a tourist visa, you must first purchase a mountain gorilla trek permit, a Nyiragongo trek permit, or book and pay for accommodation at the Mikeno Lodge.
Treks or accommodation linked with the purchase of a tourist visa through Virunga National Park are non-refundable.
Once you have a booking and have received confirmation of your payment, you will also receive a reference number. Please proceed to the online visa application, enter your reference number at the top of the form, fill in the remaining fields, and click submit. Please allow two weeks to receive confirmation of your visa approval. Please print a copy of your confirmation and present it to immigration authorities at the Goma or Bunagana border crossing.
You can also arrange your tourism visa through a registered tour operator. Click to view our list of trusted tour operators.
Tourist Visa in Review:
- Only available online through visitvirunga.org or via a trusted tour operator
- Only valid in combination with a paid in full park permit
- Cost is USD $105 (plus minimal bank transaction fees)
- Single entry and valid for 14 days from day of entry
- Most applications processed within two weeks
- Vaccination certifications may be required for access into the country
- The Directorate of Immigration (DGM) reserves the right to reject a visa application
Have a booking, payment confirmation, and reference number?